Saturday, October 30, 2010

Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat

Hello once again everyone. In my second post this evening, I am going to review Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat. I purchased a twelve pack of this particular brew from my local package store earlier this week and I wanted to give you my opinion of it tonight. The twelve pack cases cost around $16.99 plus tax in the State of Rhode Island.

The appearance of this beer is light in color. It has a golden hue to it with a nice white foamy head. The smell of this beer is very pleasing to the nose. One gets the aroma of fruit, and to be more specific, a blueberry smell.

As I said in a previous post, this brew was the beer that started my love affair with craft beers. Part of me wants to give you a detailed description of the taste, but to be honest with you, this beer tastes just like one thing. That's right, this beer tastes just like Fruity Pebbles. Every time I take the first sip of this beer, I am reminded of this cereal.

I am going to give this beer a definite thumbs up from me. It has a nice fruity taste, it is widely available at most package stores, and it is reasonably priced. Overall, other people seem to like this beer as well. By far, it is not the greatest craft beer that I have tried. However, if you have not tried craft beer yet, Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat is an excellent beer to start drinking. It is very easy to drink and has a great, refreshing taste. If you have tried this beer, but are looking for a more traditional blueberry taste, then may I suggest Sea Dog Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale. This beer has a much more traditional blueberry taste. I will have a review of this beer posted in the near future.

Cheers Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment