Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dogfish Head's Punkin Ale Revisited

Hey everyone, Antonio here offering my opinion of Dogfish Head's Punkin Ale. I purchased a 4-pack for exactly $9.08 including tax at my local liquor store. As Fontes has mentioned, this particular beer is brewed with real pumpkins, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
I am reviewing this beer from a bottle poured into a snifter glass.
I found this beer to be copper in color, with a heavy smell of brown sugar and alcohol. A predominant taste of brown sugar and spice, with a very subtle hint of pumkin.
Overall, I was expecting more taste of pumpkin. I did enjoy it, however I consider this to be very sweet and would venture to call it a dessert beer. Thumbs up from me, but be warned: drink too many and be prepared for a stomach ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment