Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy

It's still Summer until mid-September so I decided to go into my fridge and grab some of the last Summer seasonal beers that I have left. Hello everyone it's Fontes, and tonight I'm sitting down and enjoying a glass of Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. To me, this is the perfect Summer time beer. It's light on the palate while still very refreshing and full of flavor. I purchased this beer in a twelve pack for about $16 and I'm sad to say that I only have two beers left. I'm currently drinking this beer from a standard pint glass. The color of this beer is very light. It has a very nice yellowish hue to the body of the beer and finishes with a nice white head on top. The beer gives off a strong smell of citrus with a slight smell of hops. The taste is very similar to the way it smells. When I drink this beer I get a blast of citrus flavor, followed by a slight hoppy taste. To me it tastes like the perfect lemonade. And at only 4.2% alcohol, it is in my opinion the perfect Summer time beer for cookouts, bbq's, ball games, and any other outdoor activity. This beer gets a definite thumbs up from me.

So while the weather is still nice, pick up some Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy if you can still find it and get outside and have some fun in the sun.  Cheers everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment