Monday, September 20, 2010

Southern Tier's Imperial Creme Brulee Stout

After months of anticipation I have finally gotten around to sampling a Southern Tier beer. Their high price tag has deterred me in the past, with this particular beer running roughly $8.50 for a 22 oz bottle, but I figured I needed a change of pace from all the Oktoberfest and pumpkin ales I've been drinking (reviews soon).
I am reviewing this beer from a 22 oz bottle poured into a snifter glass.
This is a very dark brown beer with syrup like consistency. A very prominent aroma of vanilla and light scent of caramel linger on the nose. Upon my first sip, I was taken back by the sweetness. The strength of the vanilla is overpowering at first, but mellows out into rich caramel and a note of brandy with a pleasant aftertaste of dark chocolate and coffee.
This is a dessert beer if I've ever had one. Overall, very sweet and flavorful throughout. I did enjoy this beer, however I would not recommend drinking any other beer before or after this. To me, this beer is meant to be enjoyed by itself. Thumbs up. I cannot wait to see how the other Southern Tier beers measure up. Cheers, Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment